Saturday, November 19, 2011

I'm good at drinking; not at writing.

So NaNo has been a bust but not a total loss. I just haven't been able to sit down and write, write, write. I only have about 1000 words so I'm juuuuuuuust a little bit behind. But I've definitely learned a lot. Writing something that large is not something I can just sit down and do; I need a plan. An outline or something. Lots of preparation so I have an idea of where the story is going and what I want to say. I like the idea I have for the story; hopefully I'll be able to keep going with it and finish it sometime.

And apparently I have a drinking problem. I don't drink all the time; I don't crave alcohol and get all cranky or whatever if I don't drink. But when I am drinking, if I have lots of it available, I just don't stop. I seem to not have any self control. I should probably work on that.

My birthday is in two weeks. I'm gonna be thirty. I still don't know exactly how I feel about that. I still feel like I've wasted a lot of time just drifting and not working towards anything. But I've also never felt better about my life. I'm finally happy and have a plan. I suppose I just need to keep telling myself I'm really not that old and I still have plenty of time to fulfill the dreams I have for me and my family.

And that's about all for now I suppose. Excited for Thanksgiving next week. Get to see the fam and eat lots of fantastic food!

No comments:

Post a Comment